.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Eye-Opening

We did an exercise in class last night that is designed to get to know someone on a cultural level in a fairly short period of time. It was really interesting. I was paired with a girl in my class who is Catholic. She is one of twelve children. She said that a lot of the pressures of the Orthodox Jewish community are also present in her Catholic community. What really fascinated me was when she told me that one of her sisters recently joined a convent. Wow! I had no idea that people still did that. We could have talked for hours, but our time ran out shortly.

2 Comments:

At June 01, 2006 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's stories like these that make me very interested in your school -- they give me the feeling that professors there actually make an effort to teach well and engage their students.

 
At June 05, 2006 6:32 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Debbie -
I have been extremely pleased with my school, and this professor in particular, who is my advisor as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home