.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Another Reason I Dislike New York

My boss came in this morning, and since she now has lots of light in her office, and it's not too cold in there this morning, she had to pick something to complain about. So she decided to start ranting about the security of our office. About how she doesn't like our street, and how anyone can walk into our office at any time with a gun.

This of course triggered my co-workers to start telling stories of break-ins and hold-ups in New York. Which led to my boss saying that we now need a camera and surveillance system in order to secure our office.

I don't have such a mentality. I grew up in a place where we didn't lock the door to our house, where I left my car keys sitting in my car. Obviously I no longer do this, because I don't live in Alabama anymore. But I hate the mentality that you have to be suspicious of everything. I don't want that mentality. In this area, I really want to hold on to my naivete.

3 Comments:

At May 24, 2006 9:28 PM, Blogger Zoe Strickman said...

Then hold on to it. NY isn't tht bad.

 
At May 24, 2006 11:13 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Wait, you needed another reason to hate NY?!

 
At May 25, 2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Zoe -
I'm trying. And NY hasn't grown on me yet.

Ezzie -
I didn't need it. Believe me, I don't look for these reasons, they just come to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home