.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Multicultural Education

I really like the professor of my class, I had him last semester and he's a great teacher. What's really interesting about him is that his expertise is in multicultural sensitivity. He's very focused on presenting a wide variety of cultural aspects in every part of his teaching. So last night, when he mentioned Easter, he also mentioned Passover. When he said something about Christmas, he included Hanukah and Kwanzaa. And he's incredible about my not being in class for holidays and during Friday make-up days, due to Shabbos. It's a unique environment and I really appreciate such sensitivity at a Catholic university.

2 Comments:

At May 23, 2006 7:09 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

You are so lucky. I go to a College near Lakewood with many frum ladies and there isnt nearly that degree of understanding.

 
At May 25, 2006 9:17 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

sg -
I am really lucky, thank G-d. I don't think I have ever had a professor who has given me a hard time about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home