.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

In Control

In my office, many of the people I work with are always very warm (they are either men or older women who have hot flashes on a regular basis). I have the tendency to be cold on a regular basis, even when everyone else is warm. I think it has something to do with being used to really hot temperatures in the South. Or maybe because when I lived with my dad he kept the air conditioning on so high that I was plunged into a permanent state of frostbite.

However, those around me made a crucial mistake. They gave me the remote control to the air conditioner. Which I think it perfectly fair considering the fact that it blows directly on me. If it wasn't for that factor, I would freeze. But because the remote sits on my desk, while no one in watching, I change the temperature to one that is livable, and allows my fingers to not turn blue.

It's good to be in control

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home