.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Fragrance

I wandered over to Macy's during lunch. Macy's on 34th Street has got to be the most overwhelming store on earth, especially to someone like me who prefers shopping online because of the crowds. But anyway, not the point. As I walked in, I was in the middle of the men's cologne section. I've never understood perfume and cologne, I think people smell better when they smell clean like soap and deodorant. (Okay, and I admit to using berry-scented soap, but nothing strong). So as I walked in, and the smells wafted over me, it actually hurt. My eyes stungs, my nose felt stuffy, I couldn't get out of that area quick enough. I don't understand how all that smelly stuff that hurts me costs so much.

On a completely unrelated note, this weather has rendered my hair extremely curly and quite big today. No attempting trying to control it in this humidity.

6 Comments:

At May 16, 2006 3:11 PM, Blogger Robbie said...

This morning as I was leaving the gym, I had to pass the Body Shop on the ground floor. When I stepped out of the elevator, there was a pleasant berryish sent. As I got closer to the store, it got so strong that I was convinced they were mixing Pepto Bismol and the substance it's supposed to cure back there.

It was not fun.

 
At May 16, 2006 3:18 PM, Blogger respondingtojblogs said...

Try hoofing it to the 9th floor of the 34th Street Macy's and finding their watch repair department. It's like a different planet. As you ascend in that building it's like going in a time warp. But the time you reach the 9th floor, there are trolleys on Broadway.

 
At May 16, 2006 3:32 PM, Blogger Zoe Strickman said...

That's why moderation is a good thing. Too many colognes at once can be quite overpowering. I've actually recently been introduced to Axe / body spray for men. It's not as strong as cologne, and yet it gives off a subtle, clean scent. :) -Zoe

 
At May 16, 2006 9:53 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Robbie -
Sounds yucky. I don't understand the need to completely overpower the senses, but maybe some people just smell really bad.

R2JB -
I'll have to try that one the next time I get brave enough to go to Macy's. It is NOT my favorite place to hang out.

Zoe -
I hope your kallah enjoys your Axe spray :)

Okay - so the guys agree with me on this one - any women?

 
At May 17, 2006 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what perfume do you wear, Sweetheart. Or do you drive the men wild naturally.

 
At May 17, 2006 10:38 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Dovid -
If you couldn't tell from the post, I don't wear perfume because it makes me nauseous. So I guess I just smell good naturally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home