.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

On Love

Disclaimer - This post is not about anything recent, so please don't read into it about what supposedly has been going on in life right now.

I seems to me that falling in love is like a wound that heals and opens over and over. Every time you let it open up, and it then has to heal again, the scar gets deeper, and stronger. And it's harder to let it open again. Now, I guess the different is, with a wound, you wouldn't really want it to open. But with love, you do.

The last time I fell in love, it was scary. When I realized it had happened, I wanted to run away. But I didn't. And then it didn't work out, for various reasons. And now, healed, the scar over my heart is stronger and deeper. And I feel like it would take more for me to fall in love again. Which in itself is scary. But not as scary as actually falling in love again.

How do you keep yourself from scarring? And how to you let yourself open that wound another time, over and over, when you don't have any guarantee that it won't have to close up another hundred times?

Love is hard.

4 Comments:

At May 14, 2006 1:07 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

No guarantee. Sometimes, you just bite the bullet and keep it open, no matter how much it may hurt.

And yes, it's hard.

 
At May 14, 2006 3:32 PM, Blogger respondingtojblogs said...

How do you keep yourself from scarring?

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine/I keep my eyes wide open all the time...

 
At May 14, 2006 7:13 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
It's really hard to keep yourself open, but for better or worse, I don't know how not to.

R2JB -
I Walk the Line.

 
At May 14, 2006 10:54 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

It's really hard to keep yourself open, but for better or worse, I don't know how not to.

B'sof - Good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home