.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, May 19, 2006

It's raining, it's pouring

The old man is snoring.
Bumped his head and went to bed,
and didn't get up till the morning.

That's what this weather reminds me of. I think my mom used to sing the song with me, but now that I think of it, it doesn't make much sense. What does the rain have to do with snoring and head bumps? Must be an allusion to something there that I don't get.

4 Comments:

At May 19, 2006 3:25 PM, Blogger Robbie said...

I always heard it as:

It's raining
It's pooring
the old man is snoring
he bumped his head
and went to bed
and couldn't wake up in the morning


So maybe he's dead?

 
At May 19, 2006 3:35 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Robbie -
That's kind of horrifying. But probably true.

It reminds me of the ring around the rosy rhyme that is about the plague. Beautiful what we teach kids, isn't it?

 
At May 21, 2006 2:42 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Someone tried to convince me it was about God, that He created the world and then let it be and isn't watching it. I wasn't convinced.

 
At May 22, 2006 6:22 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
I don't think I'm convinced by that one either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home