.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

New York, New York

One of the things that has been impressed upon me about New York, that I actually really like, is that no matter how weird I feel like I am, there is someone doing something much weirder within a very small radius of me. This morning, I had an experience that confirmed this belief.

I was walking towards my office, in a good mood because of the fact that the weather has gotten nice enough to afford me to not wear a jacket. So I was singing along with my Ipod a bit. I wasn't terribly concerned about the weirdness factor, because I feel like it's pretty tame in comparison to lots of the things I see.

As I continue to walk (at this point, I wasn't singing anymore), I see a man in front of me. All of a sudden he stands directly in front of me and starts blowing me kisses. Weirdo. I was a bit startled by it, so I continued to go on past him.

After that, I started singing along again, because like I said, no matter what I do, there is definitely someone weirder very close by.

4 Comments:

At March 29, 2006 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Good to know...

 
At March 30, 2006 4:06 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

Indeed in NY as long as you don't bother anyone you can do what you please.
It's very hard to be stranger than the really 'strange' people roaming the city.

 
At March 30, 2006 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoshana....he is strange, I would not of blown you a kiss, I would of kissed you.. Especially if your looks are 1% as intoxicating as your online personality..

 
At March 30, 2006 3:21 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Sara -
Watch out for those NYer's!

Prag -
It's one part of NY that I really do enjoy, it's quite liberating.

Anon -
Well, if you look the way he did, you would have gotten punched. And I am not sure quite how intoxicating my online persona is, but apparently it's drink-inducing considering that comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home