.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My Great-Aunt

I took a friend out to dinner last night for her birthday. As we were talking, I mentioned my great-aunt to her who I think is so special. She asked me to define what exactly is so special about my great-aunt.

As I was thinking about it, and explaining what she does, I told her that it's not that she makes a difference to an enormous amount of people. It's that she makes an enormous difference to a small amount of people. She doesn't do things on a grand scale, but her actions, to the people she touches, are certainly grand.

I told my friend that my great-aunt's model is the one I wish to follow for my life.

3 Comments:

At March 22, 2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

That is such a good explanation.
There are many wonderful people working for Hatzolo and other organizations. But only few people affect the simple uneventful daily lives of others, with a gentle smile, a listening ear or with good ol caring.
While I admire people working fo chessed originations, I’m often shocked to see how arrogant some of the members are in person, makes me wonder if their true goal is to help others, or their kavod?

 
At March 27, 2006 8:00 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

What I often wonder is whether those who are trying to "help" are doing what the person they are helping really needs and wants.

 
At January 04, 2010 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting blog as for me. It would be great to read a bit more about this topic. The only thing I would like to see here is a photo of some blocker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home