.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Connections

The are some real advantages to being part of a frum community. Even though I often feel like I don't know that many people, it gives me a huge leg up for many things.

Since starting graduate school, I have had several projects where I needed to get in touch with professionals in certain fields. My classmates often have to cold call agencies in order to find such professionals. I shot off a couple of e-mails and had my contacts set within a couple hours. It is a real bracha.

2 Comments:

At March 09, 2006 5:57 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

That’s so cool, arranging interviews can be the most unpleasant task when dealing with projects, and all it took was a couple of emails.
You have your frumness to thank for that:)

 
At March 09, 2006 9:46 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Prag -
It was so cool. I feel very lucky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home