.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Highlights

I was bored yesterday - not bored in the sense that I had hours stretching ahead of me with nothing to do (I rarely have those moments these days). But bored in the sense of needing some excitement, some change, in my life. I was in the drugstore with a friend and noticed the kits that allow you to apply highlights to your hair at home with very little financial strain (though I am sure the emotional strain if it doesn't work could be pretty bad).

So, I got brave (I was never one to color my hair because I like it's natural color), and gave myself highlights. And it worked! It was fun, fairly easy and I really like them. Nothing too extreme, but just a little touch that gives me the feeling that I did something different. I think guys are missing out on something here.

8 Comments:

At March 06, 2006 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so great. I bought one of those highlighter kits about two weeks ago and I still haven't done it yet.

 
At March 06, 2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Debbie -
It was actually really easy, and didn't even take that long - go for it!

 
At March 06, 2006 5:42 PM, Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Are these blue highlights? :)

 
At March 06, 2006 9:34 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

e-kvetcher -
I thought about it! But fortunately, some sanity pervaded and the highlights are only blonde.

 
At March 06, 2006 11:45 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Wait, what are guys missing out on? Some of us have hair with natural (red) highlights. :) (Though sadly, that seems to no longer be the case as much...) And there are guys, though mostly in HS, who 'lighten up' their hair a bit.

 
At March 07, 2006 9:37 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie-
There's no fun in having natural highlights - the fun part is painting them on yourself! And I had no idea that guys indulged in such practices.

 
At March 09, 2006 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a shame I am first reading this now.. If you were so bored, we could made wild passionate love..

That sure beats highlights..

 
At March 10, 2006 6:32 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Dovid -
Next time I'm bored, I'll be sure to call you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home