.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Nostalgia

I had a couple friends over last night and we were putting together mishloach manot and reminiscing on Purims past. One of my friends brought up the poem "Hug A War." by Shel Silverstein, one of my all-time favorite authors. I got my copy of "Where the Sidewalk Ends," a book that is never too far away, and was flipping through the pages, scanning those poems that I grew up with and loved.

It took me way back - to 3rd grade and the story about the girl who was too sick to go to school, until she realized it was Saturday. To the poem about the boy who changed a dollar bill for five pennies - because five is a lot more than one. To the one where the brother was trying to sell his sister (and how I usually turned it around).

I love those poems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home