.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Shaloch Manot

As is my usual custom, I brought shaloch manot to my Jewish co-workers. One of them came up to me, gave me a huge hug and thanked me for it. He said he hadn't received shaloch manot since he was a kid, and it made him feel really good. It doesn't take much effort sometimes, but it can make a big difference to someone.

Similarly, I had someone who I barely know look up my address and deliver shaloch manot to me, along with a note with her phone number asking me to call to come for Shabbos. It was such a sweet gesture, considering I barely know her. It really touched me.

4 Comments:

At March 15, 2006 8:15 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Now I feel terrible that I got lazy and didnt arrange to have Shaloch Manos sent to a friend of mine in Pasaic, for you to pick up, like I originally planned to do..

 
At March 16, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

semgirl -
Just the fact that you thought about it is very sweet - thank you.

 
At March 16, 2006 10:23 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

I send many mishloach manos for which I barely got a thanks, and I sent 1 to a friend who didn't expect it and it made him so happy.
Next year I think I'll skip all the others and give 1 only to him.

 
At March 17, 2006 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try to give mostly to people who I know will really appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home