.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, January 23, 2006

Back to School

My new semester starts today, it's going tobe a rough one - three graduate level classes on top of working full-time. I have never been so unprepared for school, I got so caught up in stuff that I even forgot to go out and buy supplies (but I guess that's why there is a Duane Reade on every corner in NY). Even with my level of unpreparation for the semester, I have to admit I still get a little thrill when I looked up my schedule online and see that I am a "Master's Candidate." For two reasons - the first because for such a long time I never thought I would get to this point, or even desire to be here. And the second because once I set sights on this goal, I worked really hard for it. And my work is now paying off (though there is certainly much work left to be done). Wish me luck!

7 Comments:

At January 23, 2006 12:50 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Congratulations and good luck, from someone who will never have a Master's... :)

 
At January 23, 2006 1:35 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie-
Thanks! And never say never - you never know what will happen...

 
At January 23, 2006 11:52 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Heh. The only thing I'd consider is a Law degree... Serach has the Master's for our family. That's good enough for me.

 
At January 24, 2006 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Shoshana! And all the best for the new semester.Keep up the good work!

 
At January 24, 2006 8:33 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
All that accounting might get to you after a while. I worked in a CPA firm at one point - tax season stinks!

Adi -
Thanks!

 
At January 25, 2006 10:44 PM, Blogger Diana said...

What kinds of pens did they have Duane Reade?

 
At January 26, 2006 11:32 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Unfortunately, Duane Reade had a very short supply of interesting pens, so short that I didn't even bother buying any.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home