.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, January 16, 2006

Accomplishment

It's amazing how little it takes to make me feel accomplished. After spending several hours being lazy, I decided to do something productive. So I dragged my sewing machine up from the basement, where it had been in hibernation for the past six months and hemmed a skirt that I had bought in Israel. I had forgotten how much prep work sewing takes - lots of pinning and ironing before you ever touch the sewing machine. But a little effort later, I now have a skirt that doesn't drag several inches behind me when I walk. And I feel like I accomplished something today.

2 Comments:

At January 16, 2006 6:57 PM, Blogger Zoe Strickman said...

That's wonderful! I have a few pairs of pants that need hemming. I am going nuts trying to figure out how to hem them up. Maybe I can come through the tunnel and pay you to do them for me. ;)

 
At January 17, 2006 9:04 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Zoe -
Bring it on! I'm in a sewing zone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home