.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Only in NY (II)

I was in the city tonight visiting some family. On my way home, I was looking for the alternative bus that comes around and has express service after 9 PM. They move the stop fairly often because of the insane amount of construction in the area around Port Authority. As I walked by, looking for the bus, the guy in charge called out to me and instructed me to wait there and told me the bus would be there shortly. It came soon, and I got on.

A minute or two later, the same guy went yelling to a man wearing a yarmulke, asking him if he was looking for the bus also. The man got on, and asked the guy in charge how he knew he was looking for the bus to Passaic.

The guy in charge, who spoke just a bit of English, said to him - "Your cap. You're Jewish. I know this route." He turned to me and said, "You're Jewish too, right?" I confirmed.

Only in New York...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home