.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New York Mentality

One of the attitudes that tends to be prevalent amongst those who reside here in New York is the mentality that the entire world revolves around this city. BUT, I have to admit, I kinda see how the attitude seeps in. I have found myself, numerous times, when looking for an address in Mapquest, expecting the NY, NY part of the address to just be assumed. As if, because I put in a grid-like location to be mapped for me, the website should just know that I mean, of course, the address that is located in Manhattan. This is funny to me because I don't have this tendency when mapping any other location, such as the neighborhood in which I live. Oy.

4 Comments:

At June 12, 2007 3:43 PM, Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Hmmm. What do you think is the cause behind this phenomenon - even for a newish, quasi New Yorker?

 
At June 12, 2007 3:47 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

because I put in a grid-like location to be mapped for me, the website should just know that I mean, of course, the address that is located in Manhattan

LOL, Shoshana.
I think Google Maps and Mapquest should have a NY site. Like it should be ny.maps.google.com. Then it will only find NY addresses for you :)

 
At June 12, 2007 4:57 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Hehe. I try to feel less guilty by putting in a basic zip code... :)

 
At June 13, 2007 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although the talmud states "THE WORLD WAS CREATED FOR ME" some people take it a little to seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home