.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, June 11, 2007

Mail Bag

Outgoing mail -

I am sending my last car payment today. Five years ago, I bought a brand new car all by myself and today I have paid every dime of it off by myself. It's a good feeling. And it's great to know that, at least for a while, I will no longer have a car payment.

A few cards for upcoming occasions which will hopefully arrive at their destinations on time.

Incoming mail -

The soundtrack to Grey's Anatomy was an exciting surprise waiting for me over the weekend. Thanks Dad!

In my work mail, which I open, was a letter from the NYC Dept of Environmental Protection. It explained the laws that are in place to protect "the need for peace and quiet" in NY. It then explained what times our company is allowed to do our work and use particular tools. I found this letter ironic considering the construction that I listen to every single day, that seems to be endorsed by the city. No protecting my "need for peace and quiet." Hmm...

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2007 10:46 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

Congrats on finishing your car payments! I know what a great feeling that is, I did it in October.

 
At June 11, 2007 6:45 PM, Blogger Ahuva said...

Congratulations on paying off your car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home