.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, May 04, 2007

Beautiful Pine Tree

My professor who is from Taiwan, as a present to his wonderful students for surviving the semester, made each of us a card with our names written in Chinese calligraphy on them. And he pronounced our names in Chinese as he gave them to us (but don't ask me to repeat that one!). Turns out my last name in Chinese means "beautiful pine tree." Very cool.

2 Comments:

At May 04, 2007 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess you were really meant to be flora Shoshana...

 
At May 05, 2007 3:21 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Wow, that's so nice! We didn't have anything like that, but two professors did bring candy to class last term, and one gave us a pizza party. Nothing like that this term though. : (

 

Post a Comment

<< Home