.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Anonymity

Sometimes I wish that no one I knew in real life read my blog. But I can't decide if that would make my blog more honest and real, or more depressing and whiny, as I'm sure I would be tempted to complain about people more. Regardless, it does sometimes weird me out to know that people who see me in real life read my thoughts here, because it's a different way of knowing me.

It was funny, because my mom made a comment to me today about how much I have changed in the past six months. And I wasn't really sure if I have changed, because the last six months has been really tough and I feel like, at many times, I've been at my worst. What has changed though, is that my mom has been reading my blog about that long. I wonder if that's the difference she sees.

I attended the shabbaton I went to with a friend who is actually the sister of a very close friend of mine. She made a comment about how it was weird to her that I know her family - most of her friends don't. And it's true, it was different interacting with her outside of her family environment. So I wonder if that's the difference that my mom is seeing - she is getting a glimpse of me outside of my family environment, something that she's never been able to do before. And I think that's good.

Still, anonymity does sound enticing at times...

3 Comments:

At May 14, 2007 12:29 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

What's "anonymity"?

 
At May 14, 2007 3:38 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Some people recently tried to out me but the truth is that for a while a bunch of people have known who I am.

But the truth is that sometimes I truly miss my anonymity.

 
At May 14, 2007 9:40 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

Sometimes I still long for the days when no one knew me, and I could post what I wished without a thought for the consequences. But those days are gone, never to return; I can't just start a new blog with a new name, because I've become too attached to this one. However, if my parents were ever to find my blog(s), I'd probably copy anything that I wanted to keep and then delete them altogether.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home