.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Blogger Issues

Blogger hates me. I was having trouble commenting on some blogs, which I attributed to the fact that I am not on Blogger beta while a lot of other people have switched, and the fact that Blogger asks for a google login rather than a blogger one on many blogs. Fine.

My situation is complicated. The e-mail address I have posted on my blog is not the same as my username, because I set up my blogger account long before gmail existed. I later added the gmail account to my blogger one in order to save myself a little anonymity. (Oh, I think I may have figured out a solution to my problem, but probably not.)

In addition, I had once created a gmail account with the same username as my blogger username, but not the same one that I use for my blogger account, which I think was complicating matters. But I never used that gmail account, so I went and deleted it, thinking that would solve my problems. Nope.

So, I decided that maybe I could change the username on my blogger account. Nope.

So, I thought maybe I would finally switch to blogger beta. Not seeing that option anywhere anymore.

So I thought maybe I would e-mail blogger and ask for help. Nope, they don't offer that, at least as far as I can tell.

So, I'm stuck in blogger hell today. Any suggestions for solving this would be greatly appreciated. I've spent way too much time away from my paper already (not to mention the fact that I'm doing this all at work, but obviously I don't care about that).

3 Comments:

At December 13, 2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

You should be able to use your Gmail account to login, anyway... That's how I do it. If it's your own computer, I'd check the box to leave myself logged in, too. :)

 
At December 14, 2006 9:07 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

i've been having similar problem stoday too. it's actually annoying me so much. it says blogger OR google but it doesn't seem to be liking blogger. i might have to change my blog email to a gmail or something. gah.

 
At December 14, 2006 2:14 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie - BTDT.

Sarah -
It is quite annoying. And it doesn't help to switch to a gmail address, at least it didn't for me. Glad to know it's not just me though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home