.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, October 09, 2006

Cool Hats

I managed to grace two different Baltimore shuls with my presence this past Yom Tov. When I lived in Baltimore, I must admit that it was rare for me to be seen in shul, but since moving to Passaic, I go almost every week, so I felt the need to go for Yom Tov. Baltimore is blessed with some wonderful rabbeim, and a few shuls even have a women's section that allows women to see what's happening, which is my main criteria for attending. The first day I attended Bnai Jacob Shaarei Zion. The davening there was fairly uneventful. The second day I went to Shomrei Emunah. I ended up in the middle of a row of older women who took turns quizzing me about where I was living, how long I was staying for, who I was staying with, what I do, etc., etc. At least they were friendly. Looking around at Shomrei, I have to say that the women there know how to do hats. It was definitely the most colorful, classy array of hats I have seen in shul in a long time.

1 Comments:

At October 09, 2006 11:37 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

Shomrei is always known for the fashion ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home