.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Darkness

I've never understood Daylight Savings Time. I always thought it was backwards - it already gets dark early, and once we change our clocks, it's going to get dark an hour earlier. All of a sudden, with my new sleep (or non-sleep) schedule, that apparently includes me waking up at ridiculously early hours (not on purpose), when it's still dark, and still dark for a really long time after I wake up, I understand Daylight Savings Time. (Phew! I think that was quite the run-on sentence.) For the first time ever, I totally get why people would want it to be light earlier in the morning. It's hard waking up in the dark.

3 Comments:

At October 04, 2006 11:57 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

For a minute, I was confused. I think you mean you understand why it's not DST all year (to keep it light outside late), but rather we get rid of it in winter so people will actually get up and get going. Got it. Right? :)

 
At October 04, 2006 12:28 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Ezzie -
I'm sure you're right. Like I said, I've never understood it :)

 
At October 04, 2006 3:07 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

I just plain hate the shorter number of daylight hours. I think I got used to waking up in the dark...I actually would prefer that it still be light when I come home, rather than when I leave at 6:30 AM. But the US government isn't asking me... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home