.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Productivity

It's amazing how unproductive I sometimes manage to be at work. It's a wonder no one has figured it out yet. What's interesting is that I seem to have certain times of the day when I am more or less productive. The way I know this is that I have been working on a database project for the last couple months that inadvertently tracks the time of day I input records. Early morning - very, very low. Mid-morning - a little bit of work gets done. Early afternoon - very low once again. Around 3:30 until 5 - I am amazingly productive as I realize how little work I've completely during the day and I hurry, hurry, hurry to get something done so my entire day isn't a complete waste. Which is funny considering that is the time of day when I always feel I have the least energy (aka - naptime).

2 Comments:

At September 15, 2006 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say I'm pretty much the opposite except for early morning.
That's when I do a very large chunk of web surfing. Mid-morning is when I get most of my work done.
Early afternoon I do a little, and then mostly do nothing the rest of the afternoon. Except sometimes that it's ten minutes until quitting time and I feel compelled to start a really complicated project. (Not that I stay late to finish it or anything.)

 
At September 15, 2006 2:54 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Debbie -
I never, ever stay late either. (In fact, I usually leave a bit early.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home