.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"Sweetie"

I am once again being accosted by people who don't know me at all taking the liberty of calling me "sweetheart" or "sweetie." It's not that these people don't know my name - they do (even if they can't pronounce it correctly). I know it's not that big of a deal, but it does annoy me. And I don't quite know how to politely ask someone (especially a client) to refrain from being quite so familiar. Is it just me, or does everyone get this?

4 Comments:

At September 12, 2006 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get this ALL the time! I have learned to ignore it.

 
At September 12, 2006 9:33 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Sara -
I guess I need to also.

 
At September 13, 2006 4:42 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

i dislike that too. they don't mean anything by it, the terms are overused and have no meaning.

but my latest pet peeve is being called 'hun' by a friend. like 'hi hun, how are you?'. I am not 'hun'. I think it's short for 'honey' but it's hard to tell these days :P

 
At September 13, 2006 12:58 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Sarah -
I get "hon" also. That one doesn't bother me as much, though I couldn't say why...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home