.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Stupid School

I think my school hates me. Okay, maybe not just me, but their students in general. I hhad heard a rumor that class times were going to be altered - instead of starting at 4, and being done by 8:15, they were going to adjust it so that classes would start at 5 and be finished at 9:15. But I had been hoping that it was a groundless rumor and that there was no substance to it.

I just looked up my fall schedule online and apparently, it was no rumor. My classes are now scheduled for 2 nights a week, until 9:15 at night. Which doesn't mean I get home at 9:15, it means I get out of class at 9:15 and then have at least a 45-minute commute home. I can try to change my schedule so that I'll only be there so late one night a week, and I might do it, because I'm so exhausted right now I'm a basket case, I can't imagine having that schedule for an entire 4 months.

But what is my school thinking? Doesn't it know that students need their sleep? That it's really hard to focus in class that late at night? Ugh.

4 Comments:

At June 20, 2006 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always hated being in class so late, and then to have that long of a commute afterwards! Good luck!

 
At June 20, 2006 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! You think your school hates its students, I have a class that starts at 8:25 and ends at 10:25 and then I have an hour (bare minimum) trip home. The only consolation is that this a Thursday night class, so at least I know the next day's not likely to be too stressful, and then it's the weekend, phew.

 
At June 20, 2006 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, that was me above.

 
At June 22, 2006 8:42 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Sara -
Thanks, it's really hard. But I changed my schedule a little so I am only going to have to do it once a week.

Debbie -
I did that once, when I lived in Baltimore, but I didn't have an hour commute home. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home