.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, October 07, 2005

Terrorism in the Subways

Hearing about the terrorist threats today in the New York Subway system, in stations that I regularly frequent, makes me feel more like a New Yorker, and has given me more of a realization of what New Yorkers went through during 9-11.

9-11 was horrible and terrifying, but for someone who never set eyes on the Twin Towers, it didn't hit me the way it did so many other people from this area. I am not comparing the threats that were going on today to that horrific experience, but I do feel more of a connection to what people who lived here in 2001 felt. I understand a little bit (just a little) how scarred people were from it.

New York is starting to become a part of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home