.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, October 07, 2005

Juxtaposition

On my way to work:

As we are trudging through the Lincoln Tunnel (does it ever end?), I see the Monroe Bus driving alongside us. Having a slight fascination for Hasidim, I peer through my window and into theirs, and see quite a few men wrapped in their tallesim, tefillin on heads, davening. The driver of the bus (thankfully not davening), has a long beard and is wearing a little black hat. What a cool sight!

As I am walking from the bus station to my office, I pass a Muslim restaurant. In the window is a sign saying "Friday prayer time - 1:15 PM." I wonder what they look like when they are praying.

How similar we all are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home