.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Career Counseling

Up to now, I have been avoiding the career counseling aspect of my chosen profession, because I was never especially interested in it. I am much more interested in helping kids with the struggles they have in their adolescent/teen years. But I am starting to realize the need for good career counseling.

Last night I took my cat to the vet for his shots. The vet and receptionist were both so rude I couldn't believe it. The vet took no interest in my cat at all. He didn't seem to enjoy being around animals very much. Neither of the employees I interacted with had any warmth whatsoever.

I don't understand why anyone would go into veterinary medicine if they don't like being around animals and completely lack the warmth necessary to have an animal like them. Maybe the vet could have used a good career counselor to suggest he go into business or something that doesn't require a personality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home