.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

RSVP

Is it just me who doesn't really know the correct way to fill in a response card to a wedding?

"Will _____ attend"

Ok, so if I'm not attending, I understand what to do, I just fill in a "not." Easy enough. But if I am attending, what then? Do I circle the "will"? Do I fill in the number of people on the line? Is this some Emily Post type thing that I missed by not going to finishing school or whatever it is that they used to subject women to? Help.

7 Comments:

At October 18, 2007 10:35 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

If it's a Jewish event, I usually write IYH (for Ym Yirtza H-shem) or if it's someone I am very close with I'll write of course.

 
At October 18, 2007 11:29 AM, Blogger ~~Silk said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 18, 2007 11:31 AM, Blogger ~~Silk said...

That's weird. I've never seen that. Usually it's either "I shall/cannot attend. (Circle one)" or "____ adults will attend" (or "___adults and ___children will attend").

 
At October 18, 2007 3:54 PM, Blogger the apple said...

I also hate that. If I'm coming, I'll write "gladly" or iy"H on the little line. I just wish people would reformat it, since it's confusing.

 
At October 18, 2007 9:10 PM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

that's the american rsvp card that's fairly standard and 'formal' and i think it's stupid.

here (or at least what we do) is a different format and that is to have the two options "yes, i will be attending" or "no, i am unable to attend" and i put a check box next to it so it's clear and easy to figure out. and anyway, rsvp cards are so last century... it's all about the email reply these days (and it's cheaper than printing the cards).

 
At October 18, 2007 11:26 PM, Blogger Holy Hyrax said...

You are all a bunch of fools.

All you do is write in the number of people that are coming. Finito.

 
At October 19, 2007 4:22 PM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

It is just like a Mad Lib. Have fun with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home