.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

So Lucky

Every time I go to my internship, I realize how lucky I am for so many things that I never really even thought about:

- That I didn't have a kid while in middle school or high school.
- That I always had money to pay for my lunch.
- That I lived with my parents, and not in some youth center.
- That I wasn't homeless.
- That I had never been in jail, and was not forced to wear an ankle band that tracked my movements.
- That it didn't take me five or more years to graduate high school.

These are just a few of the things that I have seen in just a few weeks of my internship. And the things above don't seem to be uncommon there. I'm so lucky.

4 Comments:

At October 10, 2007 10:16 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Amen...

 
At October 11, 2007 9:57 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

Oy...how sad

 
At October 11, 2007 11:42 AM, Blogger come running said...

thanks for the reminder to be thankful.

 
At October 11, 2007 5:10 PM, Blogger Holy Hyrax said...

umein, umein, UMEIN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home