.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Insanity

Apparently, there was a little rain last night. By the time I left my house, the rain was over and I didn't even get wet. I was at work on time like usual. However, almost all of my co-workers were unable to get in, because of the subways being shut down in Brooklyn and some of the Long Island Railroad trains being canceled. It's such a weird experience sitting in my office, the sun shining, and no one here. It reminds me of the transit strike. This city is surreal without its transit. Finally, a good reason to live in New Jersey! ;)

2 Comments:

At August 08, 2007 11:06 AM, Blogger Diana said...

It was a huge storm - I woke up thinking that your old air conditioning unit was going to be the next direct lightning strike. And then I heard at least half a dozen fire trucks/ambulances.

 
At August 08, 2007 2:13 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

I was awoken by the thunder & lightning, too. And the Queens trains were also shut down. The Van Wyck was flooded and I heard the Lincoln Tunnel was delayed 1 hour. I'm surprised that didn't affect you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home