.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Parking at a Premium

People in Manhattan are paying up to $225,000, not for a home, but for a parking space. I'm a little speechless. I guess some people don't know what to do with their money and think it's worth so much to have the privilege of not fighting for a spot every time you come home (which I do kinda understand, after driving for almost half an hour the other day in search of a spot). But whoa. Nuts.

2 Comments:

At July 12, 2007 3:43 PM, Blogger Scraps said...

Hooray for mass transit! :)

 
At July 18, 2007 2:58 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

I thought the same thing but then realized, that these parking spaces are usually, for executives and other business ppl, that need their car at their disposal all the time..225 k is nothing when you consider they make 2.2 million or more a year..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home