.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, May 07, 2007

Home Stretch

My paper is written (just has to be proofread and printed tomorrow at work). I'm putting the final touches on my presentation (basically, proofreading it). I'm almost done. You can tell how hard I've been working because there are so many papers scattered around my entire living room. Basically, all my notes from the semester exploded. And I thought the readers of my blog would appreciate the following factoid to be presented during class tomorrow (my all-female class I'm sure will be interested to hear this one) - at age 65, there are only 39 men for every 100 women. Wow.

3 Comments:

At May 08, 2007 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess all those years of marriage really did the guys in...

Seriously though, that stat is hard to imagine... 1 man per every 2.5 women? Does it really seem like old age homes, baby boomers, and hospitals are meccas for vast numbers of ladies + the occasional guy ? i believe you, just seems like a very counterintuitive stat....

 
At May 08, 2007 12:38 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

Knew you could do it!

Yes, that statistic is very diconcerting...Does that mean that 60% of men die before age 65?

 
At May 09, 2007 3:09 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Anon and Sara -
I was really surprised by the number also, and rechecked it a few times to make sure I had it right. Apparently, it's the case.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home