.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Southern Kindness

I've finally put my finger on the difference between the Northern mindset and Southern hospitality. In the South, when I go into a store and finish paying for whatever I am buying, the cashier thanks me for my business and I thank him or her for their help. Here, when I finish paying and thank the clerk, I get absolutely no response in return :(

5 Comments:

At March 26, 2007 11:12 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

AMEN! (Midwest and Cali, too.)

 
At March 27, 2007 10:21 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

ezzie - and australia :P

 
At March 28, 2007 3:50 PM, Blogger Scraps said...

Upstate NY is also friendly like that. :)

 
At March 28, 2007 4:35 PM, Blogger JT said...

I often get a youre welcome :)

 
At March 29, 2007 5:45 PM, Blogger Scraps said...

By the way, this post made me take note last night when I went to a restaurant (in NYC) where the owner/manager/waiter (all in one!) was so kind and solicitous, thanking all of his customers for coming and making sure everyone had everything they needed. It happens so infrequently in NY eateries. No wonder it's my favorite restaurant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home