.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Something for Nothing

One of my tasks recently has been to go through every one of our accounts to see how much time we are spending on them versus how much they are being billed. I painstakingly went through every single line, making sure every customer was accounted for. In my company, we charge a set price per month for a set amount of service rendered. After going through the list, I found one account in which I couldn't find any service being recorded for.

In investigating further, it has been discovered that, for the past approximately seven years or so, this particular customer has been paying its bill every month. However, after about the first year, we haven't given them any service. No one has called about it, no one has seemed to notice, we have continued to receive payment every month.

Hmmmmm....

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2007 7:52 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

I bet there is some office manager who just pays all the bills and "inherited" this one. She probably has no idea what it is (or is not) for. But that is pretty funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home