.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

American Idol

No, this is not a post about who I think is going to win. Almost every day now, the headlines are screaming about who is going to be the next American Idol, about the controversies surrounding the judges, about how to make sure that your vote counts. And you know what? I don't care. I suppose this is just the fad du jour, but I just don't get it, and unable to decipher whether it the media that's pumping the show up in order to make it big, or whether it actually is popular and people like it. And if they do, then why?

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2007 2:04 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

I don't care either...all I know is that American Idol is stealing viewers from one of my favorite shows, Friday Night Lights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home