.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Never Cease Amazement

I see all kinds of things in the city, which I actually think is pretty cool. This morning though, I was actually struck by what I saw in the bus station. I was on my way out of the building and I noticed that the person on the escalator was tattooed all over, including on his head. What struck me though, was that the tattoos on his head included some Hebrew. I wasn't completely able to make out what it said but I can say that's a new one. Heads aren't where I usually see Hebrew (except maybe on a kippah). And ouch! I can't even imagine having the guts to have my head tattooed, that one must have hurt.

1 Comments:

At January 03, 2007 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few professional basketball players had Japanese and Chinese letters tatooed on their arms. Maybe having esoteric symbols etched into your flesh is in vogue.

And I asked an Asian friend of mine at the time what the symbols on the arm of one Knicks player said. He replied "Foolish man pay me for tatoos he don't understand."

He was joking... I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home