.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, August 20, 2007

Always Something

I went away for Shabbos and came back very late Saturday night. As it was so late and ark, I just parked wherever. Sunday morning, when I came outside to go run errands before taking a trek to Connecticut to see a friend, my car was gone.

Looking around, I realize that I parked my car in front of someone's driveway and have probably been towed. I go back inside and call the police station to see where my car is and what I have to do in order to have it returned to my possession.

The policeman tells me that I need to bring my registration, insurance card (both are in my car that has been towed) and my license to the police station to get a release for my car. But, he tells me, the towing yard is closed on Sundays, I will have to wait until the next day.

I decide to try the towing yard anyway, can't hurt to call. I'm told by the towing yard that they are open for the next hour if I can manage to get there, get my paperwork out of the car, get to the police station and then get back to the yard with the money for the towing. Yay! Now who has a car who can take me to do all that?

I call a friend with a car, and she rushes to pick me and we run around town from the towing lot to the police station and back. $85, a few tears and plenty of aggravation later, I have my car back. Phew. It's always something.

2 Comments:

At August 20, 2007 8:28 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

never a dull moment, eh?

 
At August 20, 2007 10:05 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

Oh no! So sorry! Glad you got it back right away, at least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home