.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

How Far I've Come

When I moved to NY almost two years ago, I HATED going through the Lincoln Tunnel. It made me claustrophobic and very nervous every single time when I had to traverse it, twice a day. I would cringe a bit and hunch down and try to breathe until we got to the other end. The first time I drove through it on my own, I made a friend come with me and really started getting nervous about half way through.

One day, probably a month or two after I'd been making the commute, a car stalled out inside the tunnel in front of my bus. My bus was stopped about two cars from the entrance of the tunnel, where we sat for about 20 minutes before they managed to clear it. I remember being SO thankful that we were outside the tunnel, because I knew I would have panicked had I been inside.

This morning, my bus got stuck inside the tunnel. The funny thing is, I didn't even flinch. It never occurred to me to be nervous. And I realized, I'm not afraid of that tunnel any more. I'm over it, moved on :)

1 Comments:

At June 28, 2007 2:17 PM, Blogger SaraK said...

Good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home