.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Dare to Be Different

This is a great article about a kid who dared to not listen to all the typical advice about college entrance essays and dared to do things his own way. I'm way impressed and I think he's going to be successful at whatever he does, whether or not it's the "traditional" thing (which it probably won't be). I think he's an inspiration.

1 Comments:

At June 06, 2007 6:25 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

I dunno - it's great, obviously, but why is this the novelty? Isn't this the norm?

The implication is "hey, look, here's this kid who didn't do all that stuff and got in" - and it's so crazy, we wrote a NYT story on him. [/sarcasm]

I love the kid's last line. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home