.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Less Invasive Surgery Not Popular

My rarely commenting friend sent me this article about surgeons who have been developing techniques for less invasive surgeries by going through natural opening in the body. Interestingly, while these surgeries take less of a toll on the body, patients and doctors alike are disturbed by the prospect of them and I have to admit that I shudder at reading the description of an appendix being taken out of a patient's body through his mouth. My solution is just to not have any surgeries at all, but barring that, it does seem odd that I would prefer being cut open to having anything removing from an already present orifice.

2 Comments:

At April 20, 2007 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know. I dont think you would like what is done to you in regular surgery either. yuck. At least with this new way, mortatlity and morbidity drops.

 
At April 23, 2007 9:45 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

That is seriously disgusting. You know what it reminds me of? The Egyptian embalming technique of removing the brain through the nose. Ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home