.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Left-Brained

I took an online test and it labeled me as being "Left-brained." Here are excerpts from the description:

"Typically, left-brained individuals like you feel most at ease and in control in situations requiring verbal ability, attention to detail, and in-depth, linear, analytical ability. Writing ability and sequential processes of thought are also traits associated with left-brained individuals.

You are probably methodical and efficient at many things that you do. You could also be good at math which is based on very strict rules that don't vary terribly much. Numbers are sequential and formulas don't change which is something your left brain can identify with. Because of this, you probably tend to break things down into their constituent parts instead of looking at the whole of a picture. Left-brained people also are likely to rely more on objective observations than subjective feelings. For this reason, you might find that for pleasure reading, you're more interested in the facts of nonfiction instead of the free-flow of fiction.

You probably think about things that are more straightforward and practical instead of things that are more symbolic and abstract. The one rule you're certain about in life is that there is always an answer if you approach a problem with your systematic and organized thoughts."


Okay, so I know it's a silly online test, but I have to admit that I was surprised by the results. It's true that I am very good at math, and have good logical thinking skills (when I'm being tested on it, not so much in life). But I also really consider myself an abstract, big-picture, type of thinker (and I am NOT good at details or linear thinking). I think I need a different test.

1 Comments:

At September 29, 2006 1:06 PM, Blogger P L said...

Um.. This test could not be more wrong. You are ALL about Free-flow, in fact I bet you love that term. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home