.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Tidbits

I have a whole lot going on in my head and while I know that's what this blog is for, I am still have trouble working them out enough to even post here (or decide what I am comfortable posting at all).

So, here are some very vague thoughts:

- Do you ever have those moments of "Wow, I can't believe that." But not in a good way. And then you feel bad.

- I sometimes feel bad sharing good news. It's hard to know how to balance sharing the good things in your life with trying to not rub it in to others who might not be having the same experiences.

- I am not being my usual, extremely responsible self lately. Late bills, not studying for exams. I am blaming it on still not being completely adjusted to my move. I hope that's what it is.

- I also am finding that I just have no focus. I want to pay attention to many things, but I still have trouble remembering things. I feel like I used to be much better.

Ok, enough for now.

4 Comments:

At November 16, 2005 10:51 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I know what you mean about sharing good news. I feel that way when I do something really good -- I wonder if I should tell people because maybe they'll think I'm bragging or trying to make myself look better than them.

 
At November 16, 2005 12:58 PM, Blogger Shoshana said...

It's that, but it's more. It's that I don't want to hurt someone's feelings, especially if I know that they have been going through similar struggles and haven't managed to achieve similar good results. I know how it feels to be jealous of someone else's good fortune, as much as I try not to, and I wouldn't want to cause someone else to have those same feelings.

 
At November 17, 2005 9:07 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I tend to see it in the opposite way -- sometimes I'll complain about something that's wrong with my life but the person I'm talking to has it even worse, so I'll sound like a "poor little rich girl," so to speak. I've really tried to curb my complaining because of this realization.

 
At November 17, 2005 4:12 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Most friends are mature enough to take joy in their friends' happiness... like you are doing in your post today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home