.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sweet Rose Ramblings (AKA The Call-Waiting Blog)

A place for my unformed thoughts. Help me sort them out!

Monday, November 14, 2005

The Met...

AKA...why I actually do like New York.

I know I have been fairly negative about New York. So here is a post about how cool it is. I went to the Met (that's the Metropolitan Museum of Art) yesterday for the first time. It was actually my first trip to a museum in New York. I was in heaven. I love art and there is something for every taste there, and certainly lots for me to enjoy. I wandered around for about three hours and I felt like I had passed ten times more than I could take in. And I missed a ton of stuff. I could probably spend a week straight there and not get bored.

The works there are so amazing - everything from incredibly historic pieces thousands of years old to modern art that I don't get at all. Egypt, Mexico, France, Africa. It's all there to be seen. If I could have changed one thing about the museum, I would have just made it a little less crowded. But the truth is I was so excited to see so many people there enjoying art that I didn't even care that much. And some of the less famous exhibits were quiet and calm.

It was a wonderful afternoon of art. Can't wait to go back.

4 Comments:

At November 14, 2005 7:35 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Its a great place to go ALONE or with other girls. But it is thee worst thing to do on a date.. Especially if its a real uncultured Yeshivishe jerk. Then it is sheer torture..

 
At November 14, 2005 8:04 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Yet another reason why NY is a nice place to visit - not live. :)

 
At November 15, 2005 6:08 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Semgirl - I actually love going to museums on dates, have had some of my best dates there. Because I love art, and there is something to talk about if you can't find anything else. I guess you just have to pick mature guys, thank G-d, I've never had a problem.

Ezzie - You can say that again.

 
At November 15, 2005 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are taking advantage of the positives of NY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home